Saturday, December 5, 2009

Back In Banff

After a 2.5 hour bustrip from Whistler, a 6 hour stint in the Vancouver Bus Depot and a 17 hour Bus Journey through the Rockies I'm FINALLY back in Banff.
Today it is snowing. It's no wonder I love this place.

My job search has so far been unsuccessful. However I did go to the local Legion (which is like a RSL) and the guy there gave me some retaurants to try out that he knows are hiring or will be hiring soon. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!
I have an appointment at the bank for Tuesday to open an account.

I'm staying at the SameSun Chalet again. Couldn't resist having a hot tub in my room. And the weekly rate is discounted which is also a big plus.
Most my roomies are Aussie (yet again) but there is a German named Conrad and another guy who's name I haven't picked up yet and I'm not sure where he's from either. The room is a little cramped but I think almost everyone is staying for a while so I don't have to worry about meeting new people everyday. Seems as though everyone goes to Kicking Horse to ski almost everyday. I've heard it's pretty expensive so I think I'll have to wait to see if I can find a job before I think about going. Also heard the slopes are quite steep so it wouldn't be a great place for me to try just yet.

Anyways, I'm in the Banff Public Library where the internet is $1 for 30 mins.
I should be able to come on most days so please keep in touch and give me something to read and reply to.

Lots of love from the Snow!!!!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment