Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Ey" From Canada!

First and formost OH MY GOSHHHHHHH!!!!!! I FREAKIN' LOVE CANADA!

Haha anyway, I don't have much time so I'm pretty much going to have to keep this short.
The flight over was long and horrible, I barely slept. Got into L.A in the early morning hours and had some breakfast before having a snooze in the sun shining through the window at my boarding gate (there isn't much to do there when the whole airport is being renovated and you have a 6 hour stopover). I slept through most of the Air Canada flight to Vancouver, took max 10 minutes to go through customs and have my working visa approved, then picked up my bag ans caught the skylink (train) to Vancouver central. Short walk (in the rain) to my hostel where I was put into a room with 4 other Aussie girls. Here I was thinking I was going to meet people from all over the world :p They're awesome girls though.

The next day we did a bit of shopping and looking around. Then we went to Kate's friends place for some pre-drinks and an epic game of Kings Cup ;)
Went out to a club called Shine. Mostly RnB which isn't my thing but the company was good.
Walked back to the hostel with Anna. Met some Mexicans who tried to teach us Spanish in our drunken state, I don't remember anything they taught me.

Next day I left early on my Moose tour which was FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!
I highly recommend it for anyone thinking of touring Canada. Met some awesome girls and had some amazing times in the Rockies.
In short the highlights were:
- Brideville Falls
- Hope
- Shuswap & the Copper Island Inn
- BANFF (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!)
- Cougar Pete's in Banff (most delicious veg spag everrrr)
- Icefields Parkway
- Mistaya Canyon
- Athabasca Glacier & Falls
- Jasper
- Tangle Falls
- Dog Sledding in Canmore

I wasn't a fan of Kelowna but I will be heading back to Banff by the end of this week. I loved it so much.

As soon as I can I'll have pictures uploaded on my facebook for you all to see.
Sorry it's so short but when I have the means and time to explain in more detail I will.

Miss you lots!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Moose Tour was the way to go... can't wait to see the photos. All the way to Canada to meet more Aussies!.. just like Space Camp. You'll have to get out and mingle with the locals.

    ReplyDelete