Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year



Sorry it's taken me so long to post again. It's been hard only having internet access on my mobile. But now my laptop has arrived so I have no excuses for not keeping you more up to date.


Okay, so last post I'd just gotten back to Banff. I've now been here for about a month. Wow, time flys.
I'm living in a unit with 3 other people; AJ, Kate and Becky. AJ and Kate are from the U.K and Becky is local. The unit (or condo as it's called here) is quite new and very nice. My room is small and pretty much in the basement so it's cold but I don't mind too much. Everyone sticks to themselves; I barely ever see Becky unless she's coming or going, all the other times she's in her room upstairs. AJ and Kate are both ski instructors so work most days leaving about 7.30am and coming home about 4.30pm, which happens to be when I'm usually leaving for work.




Our condo at dusk.



I'm working now in a restaurant called Earl's. I'm a setter meaning I clean off the dirty tables and reset them for the next customers. We'd been pretty busy over the last two weeks but apparently business goes into a bit of a lull now for a week or so making work hours pretty few and far between. Good thing I've gotten used to living on a backpackers budget. The staff there are all really nice though so hopefully I'll be able to stay working for a fair while.


 
Street Level View of Earl's Restaurant.


I don't know if I mentioned last time but I had a snowboarding accident a couple weeks ago. I had a pretty bad fall on a black run and bruised my tailbone and smashed the back of my head. Ski patrol made me go to hospital and all that crap. It sucked but I guess it could have been worse. I'm still not allowed to go back on the slopes in danger of furthering my injury (which only occasionally hurts now). I suppose it saves me money though.


Um, what else is there? I can't remember what else I wanted to write right now but if I think of it I'll update.
Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment